Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Preview of coming events

Well... I haven't been doing much recently. I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out on Monday, and that's put a dent in my plans... and in my mouth, ouch!

I picked up some audiobooks at the library, though.

Another read of Finnikin of the Rock - I don't like that one in audio. I just don't. The pronunciation grates at me, and I don't think the voices the narrator chose quite fit. However, when my face is nastily aching, it's a pretty good "fortitude" book, and Evanjalin does have a way of discouraging one's self-pity.
Today I started listening to Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. I could have waited for the actual book, but there's a holdlist for it, and hey, I was impatient. So far, I love it. I'm still in chapter 3, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

With all these audiobooks, I'm finally getting a chance to start knitting a sweater. No patterns. I just jumped in. It will probably be an abject failure, but the next one will be better. I hope.

Coming later - review of Incarceron. I heard it was a Mythopoeic Award finalist, along with Megan Whalen Turner's amazing Queen's Thief series and Terry Pratchett's I Shall Wear Midnight ... I'm eager to see if it measures up to its exalted company.

No comments:

Post a Comment