Sunday, August 28, 2011

Five books, five words each

I wanted to have a say about the books I've read recently/am reading... but I don't feel as though all of them could be reviewed at length. So I'm trying something new.

Five books I've read in the past week or so, five words each...

Wizards at War, by Diane Duane (Young Wizards series #8) -
Brilliant, stunning, powerful. Series's best?

Drowned Ammet by Diana Wynne Jones (Sequel to Cart & Cwidder) -
Not light reading. First better.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young (See my long review) -
Post-apocolyptic hero tale in dialect.

The Spellcoats by Diana Wynne Jones (Prequel to Cart & Cwidder and Drowned Ammet) -
Liked the weaving. Book drear.

Falling from Grace by Jane Godwin -
Strange. Characters flat, foolish. Disliked.

No comments:

Post a Comment