Monday, May 23, 2011

Not a book... not a book at all...

Here I am... tired.... about to write something that has nothing to do with a book. All right, it has a little to do with a book.

I have just watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, which I've heard is based on a book by Tim Powers. All I can say is - should I thank Tim Powers for a good time, or the movie scripters?

I liked it... It had too much smash-bang action for me to absolutely love it (though less than the earlier one I saw), and a few parts I did not appreciate as much (unnecessary and a little weird), but for the most part I found it quite enjoyable.

There was a remarkably sympathetic portrayal of Christians, a line I would not have believed was in a secular movie if I hadn't heard it myself, and a very sweet subplot that would be spoilery to discuss further.

Music, as always, was wonderful. And my friend and I got a kick out of seeing the uh, new interpretation of mermaids.
All in all, I say Go Tim Powers - and Go Movie Scripters for making this (pretty good story) be!

No comments:

Post a Comment